Future sustainability starts in the classroom
In 2019 the Davines Group chose to collaborate with InVento Lab, a B Corp that deals with education and environmental sustainability, in support of the B Corp School project, the first work experience scheme that brings the world of B Corp companies to Italian schools. The project, created by InVento Lab, trains and guides students on how to create start-ups that use business as a positive force, puts them in direct contact with B Corp companies and annually awards the 5 best business ideas. The Davines Group has collaborated with three schools in Parma, Liceo Scientifico Marconi, Liceo Scientifico Ulivi and Istituto Tecnico ITIS Da Vinci, financially contributing to the students’ training on sustainability, innovation and entrepreneurship and providing a mentor who accompanied the students throughout the project, which the company decided to specifically devote to SDG 12, responsible consumption and production. This resulted in 4 entrepreneurial projects which, together with 18 others from different Italian schools, competed in InVento Lab’s “Changemaker Competition”. The company is very proud that 2 of the 5 prizes, including the first prize, were awarded to projects developed in partnership with the Davines Group.
The company has continued its support for B Corp School in 2020 and will be dedicated to involving secondary schools in the local area of Parma.
Community (senior high schools).
- 92 students directly involved.
- Over 60 hours of training per student provided by school teachers, InVento Lab teachers and a Davines mentor.
- 4 start-ups devised by students: “E.R.M.E.S.”, “FertilHairzer”, “Redivivus” and “Plastophobic”.
- “BEST FOR B Corp School 2019”, the first prize for the “Changemaker Competition”, awarded to the “Redivivus” project developed by the students of the Liceo Scientifico Marconi di Parma in Parma for the replacement of plastic packaging in the cosmetic industry with the idea of “Redidrops”.
- “B Corp School – SDGs” awarded to the “Plastophobic” project, developed by the students of the Liceo Scientifico Ulivi, which was dedicated to reducing the use of disposable plastic through distribution of a water bottle at school.